Monday, January 18, 2010

Bikini or Brazillian?

Next week I am taking a vacation to a tropical beach. That sounds so nice I think I'll say it again: I'm going to a tropical beach. Bitch. As I'm sure you gathered, I am incredibly excited about it. It is long overdue. 

Fabulous bikini: Check. Lose a lot of weight to look equally as fabulous in bikini: uh...onto the next one. New make up: Check. Cute sun dress: Check. 
What am I forgetting?

Crap. 

As I'm sure any woman can relate, the bikini line is a never-ending source of frustration. So I decided to get it taken care of the hard way: bikini wax.

I made the appointment without hesitation but I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't freaking out on the inside as I breezed through the spa doors. Even as she was slapping on the wax I was panicking, trying to think of a way that I could get that wax off later if I just walked out right then. 

And ladies, it was great! A little uncomfortable yes, but not nearly as painful as other women have made it out to be. You hear all of the crazy stories about weeping and gnashing of teeth and only getting one side done. Well they must have had some shitty waxers or a low pain tolerance because it wasn't even close to being that bad!

I was over joyed as I walked out of there. "This could really change my life!" I ran errands before meeting up with some girlfriends for dinner. None of them have ever had one so I was excited to fill them in on how great it actually is. We talked and ate our dinner, and then rushed out of there to make it in time for our movie. As I stood up I immediately thought "Owa..." probably followed by a confused/tortured look on my face. Trying to ignore it I caught up with the girls and we made our way to the theatre. 

But the pain got progressively worse from the box office to the concession, and the concession to the theatre. Half way through Sherlock Holmes my nahnah was in some serious pain. 

So word to the wise: if you're going to get a wax, make sure and buy yourself some aspircream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment